Monday, September 28, 2009

Welcome, Parents.

I was thrilled to hear today that one parent at least had made this blog the home page on the home computer. I imagine that over the next few weeks more and more parents will find their way here as they try to do what they can to help their students at home.

Preparedness still seems to be an issue for a few students. I often use the analogy of a construction site--if I showed up without any tools to work on a job, I would be of little use to the supervisor or my fellow workers. Likewise, students who show up without their tools (a 3-ring binder, lined paper and a writing utensil) can accomplish very little in terms of learning or making a passing grade.

I would encourage any parent who would like to be able to post comments or ask questions to email: ewcwriter@live.ca. Let me know who your student is and I'll add you as an author to this blog so that you can post as well.

Regards,

Mr. P

Remember: You can always have a look at what we're working on by clicking on the COURSE CALENDAR. I definitely recommend adding that link to your favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment